Free Farm Ready Training
Get farm ready and start your dairy farming career with confidence.
DairyNZ is offering a free entry-level training for career changers who are serious about a farming career. The training is for permanent residents or citizens of New Zealand only.
Sign up for the free three-week training to learn online about life and work on a farm, then get practical and learn the basics of animal handling and vehicle safety.
Building an understanding of working and living on a New Zealand dairy farm (online)
Day 1 – Overview of the New Zealand dairy sector
Day 2 – What does working on a New Zealand dairy farm entail?
Day 3 – Living and working in rural New Zealand
Day 4 – Finding the right job and getting started
Day 5 – Use of technology and innovation on New Zealand dairy farms
(1.5 hours daily)
Working with cows and farm infrastructure (practical on farm, full time)
- Manage your health and safety
- Build basic understanding and confidence in working with animals
- Be familiar with the milking plant and milking routines
- Understand milk quality
Farm vehicle safety (practical on farm, full time)
- Understand legal requirements of farm vehicle usage
- Introduction to the purpose of each farm vehicle and appropriate use
- Introduction to basic maintenance and safe use of farm vehicles
- Tractor and quad safety
Sign up now!
Take that first step toward a secure career with progression opportunities and an excellent lifestyle.
Free farm ready training – register your interest or call us direct on 0800 4 DAIRYNZ to speak with one of our careers advisers for advice and info.
Note: Training is permanent residents or citizens of New Zealand only.