Easy homemade custard
Delicious custard to top your favourite desserts!
5 cups milk
1 tbsp vanilla
½ cup cornflour
¹⁄3 cup sugar
- In a cold pan, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and cornflour together and place over medium heat.
- Whisking constantly, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar and serve.
- Custard is so easy to make. The key is to add the sugar at the end. It’s the sugar that causes custard to burn in the pan, so add it at the end helps to prevent this.
- Most commercial custards have food colouring added so this custard is a very pale yellow and not the bright yellow of pre-made custards.