Carrot cake bran muffins
These hearty muffins are full of warm, cozy flavors from the molasses and spices. They’re about as soft and tender as cupcakes too! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
180g oat bran
80g Greek yoghurt
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
120g whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp 14g coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 large egg, room temperature
160g shredded carrots (about 3 large, peeled first)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oat bran, yogurt, milk, and vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a third bowl, whisk together the coconut oil or butter and egg. Stir in the honey and molasses.
- Mix the bran mixture (from step 2) into the third bowl.
- Then add in the flour mixture, (from step 3) stirring until just incorporated.
- Fold in the shredded carrots.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before carefully turning out onto a wire rack.