Bacon and egg pies
The crust on these filling bacon and egg pies are made with bread. This is a perfect brunch, light lunch or lunch box filler.
Vegetable oil spray
1 onion, diced
4 rashers bacon, diced
6 slices wholemeal bread, crusts removed
⅓ cup milk
2 tbsp flat-parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Spray a 6-cup Texas muffin tin with oil and set aside.
- Spray oil in a frying pan; over medium heat, cook the onion and bacon until the onion is translucent.
- Push the bread into the muffin tin and spoon in the bacon and onion mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, milk and parsley and distribute evenly into the 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Leave to sit for 3 mins before running a knife around the edges. Serve.
- When pouring in the egg mixture into the tins, it will overflow and then absorb down into the bread. It seems like it is too much but then it settles and you add the rest.
- Make these muffins more scrumptious by adding a little grated cheese on the top.
- Use your favourite bread. Crunchy multigrain is fab for the great texture it brings.
Recipe courtesy of Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot
A printable version of this recipe will be available here soon!